Friday, August 1, 2008

Bon Voyage

That's it. My invitations are gone. Well 75% of them that is, since 8 are still missing their address and 10 will be personally handed out at a party this week-end.
I am so happy they are done. It was exciting to put the stamps, cut them, get them ready and write the addresses with a calligraphy pen, at least for the first 20 or so. After that I was in robotic mode and well not the most sociable person.
I learned things while making them, little tips that could help other.
In the coming weeks, I'll try to calculate the cost of each invitations, and then once I know they've been received I'll show you pictures.
I'm very happy with what I did and I sure look forward to see the RSVP coming back to us in the mail.
I've read things about stamps that get messed up by the machine, well ours are square shaped so I know they will have to be handled manually. I was also lucky that there was this big line at the post office but I found a post office agent on the PO Box room and asked where I should put them and he took them all directly to the back room. So now the waiting begins, who will RSVP yes?

Here is the batch ready for the post office:
Where you just relieve or happy when you finally dropped your invitations at the post office? Did you asked to have them man handled?

No comments: