Friday, August 8, 2008

Inspire me oh paper.

Although I quickly figured out some simple Save the Date to send by email to our families, I wasn't sure what I wanted for invitations.
After a visit at David's Bridal, I received a brochure full of a variety of invitations, each uglier than the other. Well ok, not that ugly, but just too "made in china by the thousands".
I looked over it to find some inspiration however, all it told me is that I was motivated to include fall colors in it.

I wasn't thinking much of invitations when I went to the local wedding show in January 08, but that's where the inspiration started. I picked up a bunch of documents and once I got home and went through it, one of the photographer's item caught my eyes:


It's a pocket folder with various information about the work of the photograph. I didn't necessarily want a pocket folder but I liked the shape, the color and the design with the star element and the ribbon.
I did some scavanging in the house and found some supplies that could help me make some sort of mock up: a sheet of black card stock left from Halloween, raffia, and some paper I cut and colored. Here was the result.


And the open version next to the Photographer's
Nothing overly exciting, but the idea was there.
I showed my work to my husband and I really liked the whole idea.

What I wanted was something that would match our wedding colors (chocolate and copper), so a chocolate paper wrapped by a copper ribbon and a fall leaf sticker.
All I had to do was to find the right paper right, which I thought would be so easy...

What was your first inspiration when it came to your invitations. What did you imagine of them?

No comments: