Sunday, August 17, 2008

A unique Cheese Cake

I dream of a pumpkin cheesecake for our wedding and I've been looking for alternative ways to present our wedding cakes.While searching around the web, I came upon this.
I though oh, cool, a cheesecake that imitates cheese. What a fun surprise for the guests right? It's beautiful and definitely creative
...
Then I read the description
"a tantalising blend of mould-ripened blue, mild firm-textured and crumbly smoked cheeses"
What? Mould-rippened blue? You mean... no way!

Ok, I'm French, I come from the country that probably makes the most variety of cheese. But when I search for a cheesecake I was not thinking a cheese-cheese cake.

The Wedding Cheese Cake Co. says the following:
"Let The Wedding Cheese Cake Co. make your wedding day the one event people will always remember with a beautiful wedding cake made entirely of cheese! "
That is indeed something our guests would remember, but sorry as much as I love cheese this is not what I was looking for.

I wonder if people really do get that for their wedding cake. I could be a good alternative if you don't have a sweet tooth and are more on the savory side though.

What is the weirdest thing you came across while doing wedding research?

Image source: http://theweddingcheesecakeco.co.uk/

No comments: