Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Stamp your heart out

When I decide to go for square shaped envelops, I quickly found out that there would be an extra cost to it. Well, who cares for a few more cents if this is the design you want right?
On top of it of course there was a postage fee change which means that half of the stamps on the market require additional stamps to be sent.

With the invitations close to being ready I was finally able to go to the post office today and see how much it would be.

We have about 29 invitations going to France for $1.20 a piece and close to 50 going to the US for $0.83 a piece.
Dang the stupid ribbon the A.C Moore ran out of, I had to buy the bigger size and because of it the US envelops can's fit in the slot and are therefore more expensive... I guess it's one of those little details you need to look into when you make the invitations. It's definitely not something I was thinking about.

Anyway, there is this one stamp I really want to use for France and only a few post office seem to have it left: The $0.75 stamp with the Blue Ridge Mountains. This is where we are so I definitely want to use it. So I need $0.45 more to make up for the total.


For the exact sum, here is one of the best choices
++
Or we pay $0.05 extra per envelop and it's:


For the United States it's an other story. The number of combinations is pretty high.

1) Mt McKinley+Silver coffee pot
+

2)Wedding heart+Florida Panther ($0.01 over)
+

3)Yosemite ($0.01 over)


4) Two wedding hearts ($0.01 over)


5)or two Love All Heart ($0.01 over)


6)or one of each ($0.01 over)


So it's hard to choose, although I feel like option 3: just the Yosemite stamp or option 4 the two wedding heart are the best one. It matches it's not too much and yes it costs 0.01$ more for each envelop, but really I'd rather pay $0.50 more than have a gazillion of stamps on the envelop.

Did the postage fee for your envelop made you look at off combinations of stamps?

All images: USPS.com

No comments: