Monday, June 2, 2008

Save the date

One of the first step in our wedding planning was to select a date.

Right after our civil wedding, family started asking when we would have the wedding ceremony with everyone. Hubby always told them: fall of 2008. We didn't really discussed it. We knew we wanted a full year to be able to plan our wedding and that summer time was out of the question because it was
1)too hot
2)my mom has too much work with her bees and berries to be able to come.

Hubby's best friend works in the fall, it is with summer time his biggest season, especially October. So although that is a beautiful month we decided to postpone our ceremony to the second week of November to make sure that "would be Best Man" would be of the party.

Because my family would be coming from overseas and some of Hubby's family are pretty far away as well it was of the most importance to share the date with them as soon as possible. So as soon it was set, I made some save the date cards armed with Photoshop and emailed them.
Yes you heard me, I emailed them. I wanted something that would be fast and wouldn't use any unnecessary paper, yet something cute that would give an idea of our theme.
As it turned out our wedding would not be in the city of Asheville itself, but it was enough to give an idea of the location to our families.
We are on a small budget and I didn't see the point of spending money in making fridge magnet, stickers of fancy cards with photographies.

I am quite happy of how it came out and I made both an English and a French version to send out.

Did you make save the dates? Did you do anything special for them?

No comments: