Friday, June 20, 2008

Finding colors on the hanger

When we decided to have a traditional wedding, I had no idea of what is involved in the process, venue, color scheme and cake tasting where not even part of my vocabulary.
So I guess I was lucky that I found inspiration even before I started looking for it.
It was the day I set foot with a friend in the local David's Bridal. There under my eyes was a bridesmaid dress with its sash on display. While it wasn't exactly on a clothe hanger, it was on display on a mannequin.
The colors were chocolate and copper and they just struck my eye.

We were in the middle of summer and fall colors were far from my mind, and yes as soon as I saw those colors together I had to ask my friend to try that outfit.
I had to know what it could look like on my bridesmaids. Well the only dress available had to much going on to look pretty but non the less, the inspiration was there and from then on I knew my bridesmaids would have to be in chocolate.

I remember showing the pictures to my husband and he thought it looked great and decided with me that they would be great colors for our fall wedding.
We decided to add some ivory to lighten it up and lately I've also been thinking of a few green accents to stay out of a monochromatic theme.

Where did you found your color inspiration?

No comments: