Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Be a savy bride

One of the first things we knew when we started to plan this wedding is that we were not going to be in the average wedding budget.
30K for one day? I don't think so. I would much rather buy a house.
My husband's idea of a wedding budget was probably 1000$...
I'm thinking more $5000 at the maximum.
Our wedding list has about 80 people in it and I doubt our budget can be as small as he dreams because of that.
I've been working my ass off to not only save extra money for the wedding but also to have some bits lefts afterward for a down payment.

Thankfully for us, our friends came once again to the rescue, well and Daddy and the current exchange rate...
My dad put some money in my bank account and let me tell you: Euro to Dollar = happy bride. What he gave us should cover a big part of the wedding expenses.

Now onto the friends. J. Didn't give us money, nope, they need it as much as we do. What she gave me was the link to a fantastic website called: Fire your wedding planner.
Fun name don't you think?
While the site doesn't promote firing anyone, it does have a bunch of great tips to save money.
You can do two things there, the first one is:
1)Suscribe to the newsletter. It's free and every so often you will get some mails with many informations, tips and real stories that you can learn from.
2)If you think those information are what you are looking for, then download the e-book. There is a free trial for 30 days or so, after that you pay something around $30 which is well worth the money.

Tips given go from: negotiating everything, it can result in a free (yes free) honeymoon suite in the place your guests are staying, to little extras or simply better prices.
Keep in mind that the wedding tag leads to price increase, etc.
Lots of good information and something basic things a bride should think about when working on a budget.

I printed out the all book so i can have an easy access to it and highlight as much as I want. I've enjoyed the tips I get by mail as well and passed on some to other brides. It is definitely a good thing to do and know about, whether you are on a tight budget or not.

No comments: