Monday, July 7, 2008

Fall for flowers

I don't want too many flowers at our wedding. For one thing we are on a budget and flowers are expensive. But that's not the only reason. There is also the nature girl here thinking: why would I want a bunch of flowers cut for my wedding and then left to die?
Sure I could bring them to a retirement home afterward and make people happy, but if I can avoid it I'll make us happy. Not to mention we are having a November wedding and only so many flowers will be available. We want local seasonal flowers as much as possible.

Now that said I do want a bouquet and possibly one for my bridesmaids as well.

So I've been looking around for inspiration.
One of the first bouquet I saw was this one:
Found on istockphoto.com, copyright Joey Nelson.
I love the colors, bright coppers, some chocolate and a touch of light green highlighting it all.
I can see mango call lilies, proteas and many more elements whose name is unknown to me.
It is so stunning and so perfect for a fall wedding. Although most of the flowers are unlikely to be local nor seasonal.
I love the color inspiration however and this is definitely something I would like to work from.

Today on weddingbee.com, there was a post about Polyvore/Minted Boards and on one of them I saw this very surprising wheat bouquet.
Photo: Kathy Blanchard Photography from Courtney & Matt wedding in the Knot Real weddings.
I love the simplicity of it. The fact that it's not really flowers. And the chocolate ribbon that would work perfectly with our colors.
I'm considering it either for me or maybe for my bridesmaids, it would look great with their outfit.

Do you want a sophisticated bouquet or do you like a simple one?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the first bouquet is gorgeous!

arlene,
Bainbridge Island florist

Anonymous said...

I agree, it's gorgeous! What flowers make up the bouquet?

Cécy said...

I can recognize a protea in the middle, calla lilies, the green ones might be belles of ireland unless it's the john's worts (sp?) not sure for the brown ones.