Friday, July 25, 2008

Double the honeymoon

So as I mentionned yesterday, the green-card approval had us rethink or honeymoon plans.

Well there was one tiny issue though: I miss my home country and my family, and I miss them pretty bad. Even though some of them are coming to the wedding it's only a tiny part of my family. Not to mention that one of my grandmothers is not doing too well. So I want to go to France next year, I can't wait much longer. But I don't want to honeymoon in France either.
This might not seem like a big issue in itself, but the thing is I only get 10 paid days off per year, and a trip to France should be at least 2 weeks for us to see everyone. I didn't want our honeymoon to eat up all our vacation capital when France was my priority.

Last week-end, while hiking, Hubby brought up the subject of the honeymoon again. Well we know New-Zealand was out of the way, also with gas prices the way they are, the road trip did not seem like such a good idea anymore. So Hubby mentioned skiing in the Rocky Mountains. I was like great, but since I have the green-card, why not look into foreign country options. And that's when he mentioned British Columbia.
He was ready to go there and have me snick up without a green-card, to which I said no because it's not worth the risk, so I had forgotten about it.
But now, with the GC in hand, thing were completely different. As we walked up the mountain he told me about ski resort of Whistler, one of the best skiing/snowboarding in the world according to him. I liked the idea.
The next day I was looking at the B.C. tourism website, checking out B&B and completely in love with the idea.

Now the one thing is: he still wants to go to Hawaii and I still want to go to France, so we compromised. If things go according to program we would take 1 week off on honeymoon in B.C. at the end of winter, early spring. Maybe have his mom and step-dad meet us at the end of the trip somewhere on the west coast, and then take weeks off later on to go to France where one of my week would be unpaid.
And for Hawaii: we'll have an other "honeymoon" in 2010. Who said you have to honeymoon only once right? That way we can go to Kauai that I'm curious about and spend more time on Lanai too.

So now we need to plan things, decide on the dates and figure out all those little details. I'm very excited.

Images: http://www.verityjaneproductions.com & www.movingtofreedom.com

No comments: