Tuesday, September 9, 2008

How to wear it?

When we got married at the courthouse I had my godsister do my hair. She created many loose curls in it and I just clipped my Hawaiian Plumeria flower on the left side as it means you are taken. It was a way for me to honor his mom.

I like it, it was simple and worked great with our civil, unplanned wedding and having no veil.
So that made me think, why not work it out the same way for the wedding and have the girls do my hair? It seems like a good idea and helps to stay within budget.

I still can't decide what hairstyle I want for our family wedding. The strapless gown calls for an updo that would beautify the cut.
The season calls for something that covers the shoulders a bit.
My personal taste tells me I don't want my hair in my face.

If the loose curls worked well for our wedding I did have some issues with it though. The first being that my hair is so thin and straight that it does not hold any haircut unless you put a gazzillion pins in it, by the evening most of the curls were gone. The second part was that I had hair in my face.

Now I've veen looking around at possible options. I do not want something too formal. Some loose hair here and there would have my preference, and because of the veil and the "no hair in the face" I need it attached somewhere.
So here are some of the styles I liked on theknot.com, the only part is: if I go for any of those styles: I'll need a hairdresser.
My hair is now below my shoulders, almost at armpit level.

The half up-do:
The few curls make it romantic, it's loose enough not to look strict. We could probably pull off this one on our own.

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/View.aspx?type=1&id=24420

An other half up-do
Again very loose so that it doesn't look too formal.

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/View.aspx?type=1&id=13626

Curlz

This is the one I probably dreamed about as soon as I started thinking of weddings. Those curls are just gorgeous, feminine, defined and yet a bit loose. I love the few strands of hair going down too.
But how long would it take to do this? And would it hold?

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/View.aspx?type=1&id=14038

The informal updo
It has a touch of simplicity to it, and yet it's sophisticated and beautiful. I do not have a brooch to put in my hair though. The bride described her hair to be just like mine so it's duable.

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/View.aspx?type=1&id=20023

Original bun:
I love the way the hair is attached in the back. It's very unique and can probably handle not to have flowers at all. I would definitely need a hairdresser to make sure it holds throughout the day. It fits our outdoor wedding too.

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/View.aspx?type=1&id=20805


How are you going to wear your hair. Did you choose the style for it's look or for the practicality?

No comments: